Monday, December 3, 2007

Time is running out

I popped open Windows Live Writer today and got a fun message:

I thought this product was free, and I never paid for anything, so I'm a little confused how a free product can expire.  Live Writer isn't supported on Server 2003, which is what I use, so I have to jump through 80 or so hoops to get Live Writer installed on Server 2003.  Everything works perfectly fine, but now it seems I will be compelled to jump through the same hoops to upgrade to a version I don't need.  Fun times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me. I believe it is because they are trying to get people off the Beta version and on to the more stable final released version.

As far as I know, it is still free.

Anonymous said...

The previous commenter is correct, we basically wanted to get folks on to the final version, which is the most polished and stable version. I'm sorry about the hoops that you had to jump through to get this installed on Win2k3, and very sorry that you'll need to do it again to get to final. That stinks.

Best,

Charles Teague (MSFT)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this thread is seriously old, and I just had this same error dialog pop up on a version I'd installed only a week or two ago (mid-August 2008, a full NINE MONTHS after this thread was last updated).

Bueller?