Monday, November 12, 2007

Not a good sign

At the end of lunch today at a Chinese restaurant, I cracked open the obligatory fortune cookie to learn what a stale, shrink-wrapped, mass-produced dessert could portend.

It was empty.

I ask for insight into my fate, and the gods answer in their infinite wisdom, "Mu".

Coming after a big launch at work, I really didn't know what to think about this one.  Can't I just get one cookie tell me "Your launch will be great success.  And the Rockets will win tonight."  Is that really too much to ask?

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It's just the universe's way of saying: You make your own fortune.

Who needs a fortune cookie when you have automated unit tests?

Unknown said...

This happened to me, for the first time in my life, just a few weeks ago. Very weird feeling. Maybe it was a corporate f-up -- probably they are engaging in goykapDD and it bit them in the cookies.
Rick

Jeff Tucker said...

The best fortune I ever got in a cookie said "Ignore previous cookie" so I wouldn't worry about it

Jimmy Bogard said...

@Sharon

Legacy code = no tests = karma, baby